The latest version of ScreenStudio 3.2.0 has been released with a few awesome features!
So many features have been added that it's time to review them one by one.
RecordingScreenStudio can record your display into many video file formats. The currently supported formats are:
- TS: MPEG2 encoded stream
- FLV: Has a great compatibility with YouTube or other online video services
- MOV: Great for post-editing your videos
- MP4: Compatible with mobile devices
- GIF: Perfect format when posting on Twitter or G+
- HTTP: For streaming directly to your website using an FTP access
You can set the output format by selecting the width and height and the frame rate. Remember that a larger size and a higher frame rate will require more CPU power from your computer.
When selecting a video format, you also can set a few advanced features.
The video and audio bitrate will set the output quality. The higher is better. On the other hand, the video preset will also have an impact on your video quality where the slower is better at the expense of your CPU. "ultrafast" with use less CPU but you will need a higher bitrate to get a great quality.
StreamingYou can also stream to online services using the RTMP protocol. Any server can be used but some have already been pre-configured for you convenience:
- Generic: Any other server...
When available, select your preferred server and enter your secret key into the "RTMP Secret Key" field.
If you are using the RTMP setting, no server is available and you need to enter the full RTMP URL into the Secret Key field.
To start recording or streaming, you can use the Menu "Layout" and "Record". Some shortcuts are available:
- CTRL-R inside ScreenStudio
- CTRL-SHIFT-R from the whole system
- Double-click on Tray Icon
SourcesScreenStudio can integrate many video sources into it's recording by using the Sources menu:
Images do support all popular format. Gifs Animation will be rendered also.
Labels are texts that you want to display in your recording. Once added, double-click on the Label source from the top list to edit the content, color, font and background color.
Labels do have some special tags that you can use to display the current time/date, the elapsed time since the start of the recording and a few other ones.
One tag that is useful is the @ONELINER that is used to display one line at a time your text.
Any video source can be customised to fit your need.
- The X,Y,Width,Height will set the location and size of your source
- Alpha will set the transparency of your source (0.0 to one 1.0)
- Start and End will indicate when the source will be displayed. A value of 0 (zero) just means that it will always be displayed...
- Trans In and Trans Out will set the transition to apply when the source is displayed or hidden. They can be set by right-clicking on your source...
When selected from the list, the source can also be dragged on your output display for easier setup.
You can preview your setup by using the "Preview" button. Remember to stop the Preview before starting the recording...
Audio and other stuffIn the last tab, you can select the audio source to use.
You can also set the recording folder where you want to keep your recordings.
A few options are available such as using a background music, using the Tray Icon and the default behavior when recording with ScreenStudio.
Remote ControlScreenStudio supports a basic remote access that you can use with any other devices, even smartphones. Open your browser an enter the URL shown by ScreenStudio at the bottom right.
On an iPhone, you can save that WebApp on your home screen and it will behave almost like a native app...
A few notes...
- When streaming over HTTP, you can enter a full FTP URL into the video folder setting so that your video files will be uploaded automatically
- When stopping the recording or streaming, there is a 2 seconds delay to allow transitions to be rendered (For example applying a Fate Out)
- You can adjust he audio delay to ensure the proper sync with your webcam.
CommunitiesOn Twitter: https://twitter.com/patrickballeux
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/screenstudiolive
On G+: https://plus.google.com/communities/107164189448403990139
On Vid.me: https://vid.me/patrickballeux